Kopi luwak coffee is also known as civet coffee or cat poop coffee that has been eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civets, a catlike creature. Yes! I mean it.
The partially digested coffee cherries are fermented by passing through a civet’s intestines and they are collected when the civets evacuate them.
You may wonder cat poop coffee is the most expensive coffee in the world. Can you imagine?
If you’re about to buy a bag of kopi luwak coffee, this article is for you. We’ll cover every single detail of cat poop coffee shortly. Have a look!
Kopi Luwak Coffee: All You Need to Know
Health Benefits of Drinking Kopi Luwak Coffee
- Unlike other coffees, cat poop contains a very low acidity that means it doesn’t harm the stomach.
- Similar to other coffees drinking civet coffee reduces the chances of forming several cancers.
- kopi luwak helps protect one from dementia and cognitive decline which is one of the greatest benefits.
- The antibacterial properties of cat poop coffee help save and strengthen one’s teeth and cause less staining, unlike regular coffee.
- Kopi luwak has psychological benefits like increasing your energy and improving mood. A standard caffeine boost can last up to one week longer.
- Civet coffee is the best cure for migraines and other headaches because of its low acidity.
How to Brew Kopi Luwak Coffee
Brewing is the process of more possibilities. Before diving into brewing, follow the steps below-
Step 1: Buy a good bag
For making the best cup, the best coffee beans are required. So, for the best and freshest beans, buy whole coffee beans instead of grounded beans.
Grounder coffee is more prone to stale quickly. We recommend you to buy a bag and ground it yourself at home.
Step 2: Avoid storing your kopi luwak beans in the freezer
Keeping cat poop coffee beans in your freezer can make the beans release when you bring them out from cold temperature to room temperature.
Step 3: Use clean water
Before start brewing, ensure clean water with good taste. Try to use the best water possible because if it tastes bad, your coffee will be the same.
Step 4: Brew at 200-degree Fahrenheit
Temperature is the main fact in brewing coffee. Brewing it at 200-degree Fahrenheit gives the best output.
Step 5: Use proper grind settings
Use different settings for different methods. Use the “fine” grind setting for espresso.
Dripping the coffee? Use a “medium” grind setting. the “coarse” grind setting is perfect for brewing in a french press.
Step 6: Always brew fresh coffee
Old coffee doesn’t taste the same as fresh coffee. For the best taste, make your cup as fresh as possible.
Foods to Enjoy Whilst Drinking Kopi Luwak Coffee
It’s simple to pair food with coffee. If the food and coffee combination tastes good to you, that’s all.
People are drinking various types of coffees from around the world. Some foods that combine well with kopi luwak are:
- Coffee cake: coffee cakes are made of different flavors. One thing is common that they are made to be enjoyed with a hot cup of cat poop coffee.
- Donut is another delicious dessert item to pair with civet coffee. Its sweetness can perfectly offset a cup of kopi luwak.
- There is no rule that all the coffee pairings should be sweet. Bacon is one of the most popular breakfast items that go well with a cup of cat poop coffee.
- Dark chocolate: chocolate with coffee is the best combination ever. If the chocolate is dark and the coffee is kopi luwak, it is always a hit.
- Grilled-cheese Sandwich is another best pairing choice with a cup of hot kopi luwak. melted cheese is the best fit with a strong coffee.
You may feel hesitant after knowing the disturbing secret of the world’s most expensive coffee beans. No fear! Brewing in 200-degree Fahrenhite makes it safe to drink.
Hopefully, this article has helped you know every single detail of kopi luwak coffee. People of Asia and Africa have started firming the coffee.
You’ll wonder to know the price of a cup of kopi luwak is around $80 in the United States.