A strong coffee gets you a good start in the morning and lets you have a dreary day turned suddenly into joie de vivre (unrestrained joy). But, there’s always room for a quick refresher. It won’t be a sin when you crave for a lighter choice that is slightly more acidic, not too watery yet more fulfilling than your faithful friends, cold brewed or hot coffee. You bet I’m talking about iced coffee, my summertime favorite. Feeling excited? Let’s have a quick lesson on how to make iced coffee from hot coffee.
By the end, what you’ll agree with me is that a subtle change in the making but a great refinement in the taste and flavor.
Things to Consider While Making Iced Coffee from Hot Coffee
Before delving into coffee brewing methods, you should consider a few important things. One must keep the following things in mind to get a smooth and pleasant iced coffee making experience.
Using Ice Coffee Cubes instead of Ice Cubes
If you use pain ice cubes in the iced coffee, it will dilute the mixture producing a watery taste. This will ruin the flavor of the coffee. So, use ice coffee cubes instead of regular ice cubes to preserve the right density of coffee in the drink.
Using a Medium-Coarse Coffee Ground
There are many types of coffee ground available in the marketplaces. Moderately ground coffee produces the best taste and flavor. That’s why we recommend using a medium-coarse coffee ground.
Using Thermal Shock Resistant Glassware
As you are going to make cold coffee out of hot coffee, the glasses and mugs you will use surely have the possibility to encounter a sudden fall of temperature. If the glassware is not thermal shock resistant, it may get broken instantly and cause injury to the users. So, you must use thermal shock-resistant glass while making iced coffee from hot coffee
How to Make Iced Coffee with Hot Coffee
The real challenge of making a good cup of coffee lies in choosing the right method of preparation. Some methods are fast whereas some others consume much time. One can make iced coffee from hot coffee using both coffee makers or household utensils.
Homemade Iced Coffee from Hot Coffee
You can use the kitchen appliances available at your home to make a topnotch cup of coffee having great taste and flavor. The following processes of making iced coffee from hot coffee have a proven record of producing best-iced coffee.
Pour-Over/Hand Drip Coffee
Pour-over coffee is one of the most fruitful methods of coffee preparation. You will get the best results if you use freshly ground coffee beans. It takes some time to brew, but the refreshing taste of the coffee is worth waiting for. You need to follow the below steps to make iced pour-over coffee.
- Brew the coffee using a pour-over dripper and filter.
- You can add creamer and sweetener as per your preference.
- Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Put some coffee ice cubes in your mug.
- Pour the hot and brewed coffee on the ice cubes.
Hot Brewed Iced Coffee
Another easy way of making iced coffee is letting the hot brewed coffee cool with the help of ice cubes. Check the following steps to know how to make hot brewed iced coffee.
- Brew your coffee as usual to get hot and fresh coffee.
- Add sweetener and/or creamer if you want. Stir the mixture well.
- Transfer the hot coffee into a glass/mug/carafe and let it cool to room temperature.
- Put some ice cubes or coffee ice cubes on the chilled coffee and its ready to serve.
The Pot Recipe
One can take the service of a steel pot to make iced coffee out of hot coffee. Wondering if you can make iced coffee with hot coffee using a pot? Well, learn from here.
- Boil the water after pouring it into a stainless-steel pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat once the water gets boiled.
- Add coarsely ground coffee beans to the water and stir it well.
- Let the coffee brew for 3-4 minutes.
- Run the coffee through a cheesecloth or coffee filter to strain the remaining coffee grounds.
- Pour the refined coffee drink into a mug preloaded with ice cubes or coffee cubes.
- Add milk/creamer or sweetener as per your choice.
Making Iced Coffee from Hot Coffee with Coffee Machine
Almost all coffee lovers have at least one coffee maker in their homes. A coffee machine will ease the coffee brewing process to a great extent. It will save both your time and effort. Learn how to make iced coffee from hot coffee using coffee machines from the below discussion.
Using a Drip Coffee Machine
You can make a great cup of coffee with the help of a drip coffee machine. Here’s how:
- Brew the coffee, as usual, using a drip coffee machine.
- Put some ice cubes in a carafe.
- Now pour the brewed coffee over the ice.
- Add sugar, milk, or creamer as you prefer.
Using an AeroPress Coffee Maker
All the process of making coffee with an AeroPress coffee maker is exactly as same as that of a drip coffee machine. The only difference is the use of a different coffee maker. These AeroPress machines can help you make iced coffee within two minutes. You will get a strong and smooth cup of iced coffee right away. No fancy equipment needed. Only water, coffee grounds, and ice will do good in this regard.
Using a French Press
French press is a widely used coffee maker. You can use it to get an iced coffee from cold brewed coffee and hot coffee using this machine. Read the following steps to learn how to make iced coffee from hot coffee.
- Pour the water into a pot and bring the water to a boil.
- Put two tablespoons of coarsely ground coffee per 8 ounces of water in the coffee maker.
- When it boils, remove the French press from the heat and let the coffee cool for 1 minute.
- Soak the coffee grounds pouring the hot water in the French press. Stir it very well.
- Let the coffee brew for 5 minutes or so.
- Put some ice in a mug/glass and pour the brewed coffee onto that.
- Add sweetener, creamer or milk as desired.
One may have his/her own personalized method of making a cup of coffee, but it’s better to get an idea from the established methods. No matter what kind of coffee you are making, knowing the best way to prepare that is essential. Some people believe that coffee has health benefits and it lowers blood pressure. Besides, a perfectly brewed coffee will turn around your bad mood. And iced coffee is the most longed drink when the weather is hot. Hope this article will help you reach the right gateway to know how to make iced coffee from hot coffee.